Friday, September 30, 2011

Agile testing: Start of article series

Wow. It's sure been quiet on my part for a while now. I guess that is what happens when you have kids; priorities in life change. With a 1.5 year old at home and a full-time job I've found myself having virtually no time to spare to write these posts about Agile development and Scrum.

However, I was recently asked by a colleague to come to the Q3 meeting of SAST Öresund (Swedish Association for Software Testing: http://www.sast.se) and hold a 45-minute presentation on the topic of Agile Testing (under the theme "Agile methods in practise"). This was the first time in a while that I've had the chance, and the challenge, to really focus my thoughts around an agile topic and had do an in-depth analysis of my own opinions and experiences.

The presentation was quite interesting and great fun to do, and from what I could tell the interest from the audience was quite high.

So. In the name of openness I figured that I'd share on this blog the topics I brought up in the presentation. I'll post this as an article series and do a bit more elaboration on each topic than what is possible in a brief concentrated 1-hour seminar.

So keep on popping by this blog from time to time, as I'll be posting articles in this series here as often as I have time.

And as always, feel free to drop me a comment with your opinions and own experiences, it's always interesting to hear what other people think.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with what has been discussed here so far. But I would suggest you to take a look at http://www.scrumstudy.com. looks pretty different and their methodoly is really interesting and effective. I personally felt it stands out for the quality of the materials provided..Agile Certification

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very insightful article. I came across http://www.pmstudy.com which has some great free resources. They also have a free test which can gauge your readiness to take the pmp exam. PMP Certification

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi , I am pondering over attending any PMP prep course / PMP classes to get PMP credentials. What are your thoughts? Would that be worth the money spent professionally?

    ReplyDelete
  4. wondering how come theres no mention about Agile Scrum Certification is not in the list.

    ReplyDelete